Every year, I have a list of resolutions: This year I will save the world, look fantastic, be the best person you’ve ever met, etc. And every year, I fail. But I love trying. This year, I do have a few goals.
1) Improve my prayer life and read the Bible. Not, “read the Bible a little.” I want to read the whole thing. Cover to cover. And I’m Catholic, so if you know anything about our Bible, it’s a little longer than a Protestant one. A few more books added. But I think I can do it.
2) Get in shape. This just means to get active. Eat more veggies. Cook more. No weight or clothing size goal here; just do what I need to do to feel good physically.
3) Become better at keeping in touch with people. This year, I want to send out birthday cards, make more phone calls, and see old friends more. Plans are already in the works.
4) Curse less. Should be easy right? I’ve already cursed twice today. Sigh.
5) Find something great to appreciate about every single day. Write these down. I think this will be the easiest resolution yet. 🙂
Happy 2013, World! I hope this year is our best one yet, but pales in comparison with those still to come!