Sorry it’s been so quiet here on the blog! Lots has been happening, the VPN at my apartment has been disgusting, and I haven’t had the patience enough or time enough to fight with it to update this site. I’ll come into work some time this weekend to make a more substantial post, but for now, here are a few things going on in my life:
1) Birthdays. About half of my students were born in October, so this has been quite the busy month! I’ve gone to two of my students’ birthday parties and have another one coming up on Sunday. Phew!
2) Pandas. I’m going to see Pandas tomorrow! Super excited!
3) Food. I tried Sichuan Hot Pot for the first time this week. Oily, messy, delicious. I continue to eat Shao Kao often and have even had pizza recently. No wonder this is a UNESCO City of Gastronomy!
4) Words. I found books in English! I’ve read Will Grayson, Will Grayson, How to Fall in Love, and I’m in the middle of I Am David. I’m so terribly excited. Literature. Books. Words. Ahhh.
5) Parent-Teacher Conferences. Yesterday, Today, Meeting after meeting makes for a long day and exhausted teachers!
Okay, that’s it! More soon!